- This event has passed.
Victory Lane at Kansas Speedway
July 30 - July 31
Victory Lane at Kansas Speedway
2 full days of Racing, Time Trials, and our HPDE Racing/Driving School on one of the best Rovals in racing!
Walk the Kansas Speedway Friday night, July 29, 6:30 to 8:30pm
Award Ceremony following Saturday Race Day in Victory Lane w/ Happy Hour!
Bring your car into the Kansas Speedway Victory Lane for Photos!
Load in, July 29, 6 to 9 pm. Reopens 6 am Saturday, July 30.
Helpful links: https://drivenasacentral.com/ https://drivenasa.com/
- Track Website: Kansas Speedway. Dlane@Drivenasa.com for info.
- Gate Hours 6 to 9 pm load in Friday, July 29. Gates reopen 6:00 am Saturday
- Spectators are Welcomed, $10 at gate. Gates open 9:30 am Sat and Sun to Spectators.
We are utilizing the full track surface of the Speedway so set your cars up accordingly.
The banked surface:
Turns: NASCAR 1, 2, 3, and 4, 17-20° (Progressive) Front stretch: 9-11° (Progressive) Backstretch: 5°.
Infield roval surface is flat.
Yellow arrows indicate entrance to infield. Use the tunnel at France Family Drive, (located next to Soccer Complex). Red arrows show path to pit lane, on apron, note the bus stop on the backstretch. So set your cars up accordingly. Track is cleaning the entire surface.
Get your NASA competition license. Start here:
All HPDE info and FAQS found here: https://drivenasa.com/hpde/
- Please print/complete HPDE Tech Form and bring it with you to the track. Inspect all items on sheet and have prepared for track inspector.
- Having your car track ready is your responsibility.
More information and all rules are available online at: https://members.drivenasa.com/rules
Be aware that groups will sell out. Please register early for our HPDE events as they are extremely popular.
- HPDE 1 – NOVICE. NASA’s HPDE program includes a minimum of (4) 20 minute sessions, or (3) 30 min sessions per day on the track. All HPDE 1 students will be assigned an instructor for the weekend. This is a sanctioned, comprehensive National Auto Sport Association driving program. Designed to make you a better driver on the track and in your daily car. You will go from classroom to on track learning throughout weekend.
- HPDE 2 – NOVICE. For drivers that have been signed off to drive on their own. Groups 1 and 2 run together. The only difference is that Group 2 has no instructor assignment. Instructors are available to answer questions and you will attend the classroom sessions. On track behaviors are reviewed and knowledge of all safety rules and flags must be learned prior to advancement to HPDE 3.
- HPDE 3 – INTERMEDIATE. Groups 3 and 4 may also run together, typically arranged by fastest group. Saturday will work up to additional passing by the end of the day. Sunday will be a continuation, starting with limited passing in the first session and then adding more passing zones and picking up the pace as the group leader feels appropriate. Advanced on track driving techniques will be introduced in DE 3.
- HPDE 4 – ADVANCED. Open passing, download sessions as scheduled by group leader. May run with Time Trials. The DE 4 group is welcomed to participate in the Time Trial warm up session on Saturday morning. When ready, you will be able to advance from this group to Time Trials or Competition Racing. You may also stay within the DE 4 program to hone and master your driving skills.
- Time Trials (TT) – TT license is required to register. Time Trial licenses from other clubs are generally transferable to NASA. Let us check yours. All TT participants must have a transponder and display proper NASA decals.
- Race Groups – NASA National Licensed Competition Drivers and drivers who hold competition licenses with other clubs are welcome. Most Comp licenses transfer to NASA. Number and composition of race groups determined based on entries. All racing rules apply.
- TREC Endurance – Fun and easy way to enter the world of Endurance racing. Open to DE 3 and higher drivers. Caged race car required.
- Competition School – Comp School utilized based on interest. Designed for students who are ready to enter the realm of wheel to wheel racing. Comp School available May 14, at HMP.
- **Be aware that groups will sell out. Please register early for our HPDE events as they are extremely popular.
Transponder Rental available at track for $100 per rental.
Please remember to return your transponder before you leave the track. A charge of $400 will be issued to your card on file if the transponder is destroyed, never returned, or lost. Weak signal is a common problem with poor placement and can result in sporadic timing results. Please ensure a clear signal to the track when choosing a mounting location.
Annual Tech/New logbook
Inspections can be done at the track. We provide track side tech hours to accommodate this required inspection. Here is a list of approved tech shops if you’d like to have your inspection done prior to event. Click here for a list of approved shops. All race groups are required to have this annual inspection and display the annual tech sticker. TT drivers who wish to have car inspected once per season as opposed to per event self tech’s may purchase the annual tech as well.