Victory Lane at Kansas Speedway
July 30 - July 31
Victory Lane at Kansas Speedway
2 full days of Racing, Time Trials, and our HPDE Racing/Driving School on one of the best Rovals in racing!
Walk the Kansas Speedway Friday night, July 29, 6:00 to 8:30pm
Award Ceremony following Saturday Race Day in Victory Lane w/ Happy Hour!
Bring your car into Victory Lane for Photos!
Load in, July 29, 4 to 9 pm. Reopens 6 am Saturday, July 30.
- Track Website: Kansas Speedway – Kansas Speedway
- Gate Hours TBA
Get your NASA competition license. Start here:
All HPDE info and FAQS found here: https://drivenasa.com/hpde/
- Please print/complete HPDE Tech Form and bring it with you to the track. Inspect all items on sheet and have prepared for track inspector.
- Having your car track ready is your responsibility.
More information and all rules are available online at: https://members.drivenasa.com/rules
Be aware that groups will sell out. Please register early for our HPDE events as they are extremely popular.
- HPDE 1 – This is where you need to be if you are new driver. HPDE 1 includes a minimum of (4) 20 minute sessions. All HPDE 1 students will be automatically assigned an instructor for the weekend. This event will offer in-car and lead follow type instruction. Covid-19 precautions in place. Your weekend will be fast paced going from track to classroom all weekend.
- HPDE 2 – For drivers that have been signed off to drive on their own. Groups 1 and 2 run together. The only difference is that Group 2 has no instructor assignment. You’ll implement driving strategies learned in HPDE 1. Classroom or download sessions will follow each session on track.
- HPDE 3 – Groups 3 and 4 may also run together, typically arranged by fastest vehicle. Saturday will work up to additional passing by the end of the day. Sunday will be a continuation, starting with limited passing in the first session and then adding more passing zones and picking up the pace as the group leader feels appropriate. Sessions will alternate on track drills the first couple of laps.
- HPDE 4 – Open passing, still monitored by group leader. May run with Time Trials. This group will occasionally have 2 lap drills and participate with the competition school as needed.
- Time Trials (TT) – TT license is required to register. All TT participants must have a transponder and display proper NASA decals.
- Race Groups – Number and composition of race groups determined based on entries. All racing rules apply.
- Competition School – Comp School utilized based on interest. Designed for students who are ready to enter the realm of wheel to wheel racing.
Transponder Rental available at track for $100 per rental.
Please remember to return your transponder before you leave the track. A charge of $400 will be issued to your card on file if the transponder is destroyed, never returned, or lost. Weak signal is a common problem with poor placement and can result in sporadic timing results. Please ensure a clear signal to the track when choosing a mounting location.
Annual Tech/New logbook
Inspections can be done at the track. We provide track side tech hours to accommodate this required inspection. Here is a list of approved tech shops if you’d like to have your inspection done prior to event. Click here for a list of approved shops. All race groups are required to have this annual inspection and display the annual tech sticker. TT drivers who wish to have car inspected once per season as opposed to per event self tech’s may purchase the annual tech as well.