Nebraska State Fair Grand Prix – Motorsport Park Hastings w\RM Region
- This event has passed.
Nebraska State Fair Grand Prix – Motorsport Park Hastings with Rocky Mountain Region
August 28 - August 29
Free TShirt and Nebraska State Fair tickets with every registration!!! We spend August with NASA Rocky Mountain! Come join your friends from the RM and Central Regions at our Hastings, MPH event. Big fun planned for this event with some GREAT tie-ins with the Nebraska State Fair. Our Race School, Time Trials, and Race Groups all in a packed schedule. Fun track, great friends, and some serious annual competition happening!
- Track Website: http://www.racemph.com/
- Gate Hours Open – 5PM Friday-Sunday
Please note that there is a new process to apply for your license. You must apply online for your 2021 license. License processing can take up to 10 business days. Please ensure that your license application is submitted with enough time to process before the event. For our wheel-to-wheel racers, please make sure that your medical is current before the event. As with licenses, there is a new process to submit your medicals. Competition drivers that do not have a current approved medical on file will not be able to participate in wheel-to-wheel competition.
You can verify your information is current at the My Account page online.
- Please review Supplemental Regulations, especially if you’re new to NASA or haven’t driven in a while. This is where we will often refer you.
- Please print/complete HPDE Tech Form below and bring it with you to the track. Inspect all items on sheet and have prepared for track inspector.
- Having your car track ready is your responsibility.
- More information and all rules are available online at NASAProRacing.com.
- HPDE 1 – This is where you need to be if you are new driver. HPDE includes (4) 20 minute sessions. All HPDE 1 students will be automatically assigned an instructor for the weekend. This includes required download sessions following each event. Please print HPDE tech form below and bring it with you to the track.
- HPDE 2 – For drivers that have been signed off to drive on their own, but just want more time with the novice group. Groups 1 and 2 run together. The only difference is that Group 2 has no instructor assignment.
- HPDE 3 – Groups 3 and 4 also run together, typically arranged by fastest vehicle. Saturday will work up to additional passing by the end of the day. Sunday will be a continuation, starting with limited passing in the first session and then adding more passing zones and picking up the pace as the group leader feels appropriate.
- HPDE 4 – Open passing, still monitored by group leader.
- Time Trials (TT) – TT license is required to register. All TT participants must have a transponder and display proper NASA decals.
- Race Groups – Number and composition of race groups determined based on entries. All racing rules apply.
- Competition School – Comp School utilized based on interest. Designed for students who are ready to enter the realm of wheel to wheel racing.
**Be aware that groups will sell out. Register early for HPDE events as they are extremely popular.
- NASA certified instructors, please be sure to have your instructor logbook at the track.
- Not yet an instructor and want to be? Instructed with other groups but not NASA? Please contact Donna, email@example.com discuss becoming a certified NASA instructor.
Please remember to return your transponder before you leave the track. A charge of $400 will be issued to your card on file if the transponder is destroyed, never returned, or lost. Weak signal is a common problem with poor placement and can result in sporadic timing results. Please ensure a clear signal to the track when choosing a mounting location.
Annual Tech/New logbook
Inspections can be done at the track. We provide tech hours to accommodate this required inspection. Here is a list of approved tech shops if you’d like to have your inspection done prior to event. Click for a list of approved shops.