NASA Central Region Finals – Heartland Motorsports Park
October 15 - October 16
2022 Central Region Finals – Heartland Motorsports Park, Topeka
Last chance this season to run and learn with NASA Central. Your REGIONAL FINALS. All levels of our incredible HPDE Race/Driving School available at this event. Awards, Happy Hour, and Door Prizes for the best of NASA Central and all drivers. INSTRUCTOR Clinic with Terry Bouge. Don’t miss this last chance opportunity to run this track in 2022 and congratulate your fellow drivers.
- Gate Hours 12 PM Friday – 5 PM Sunday
**ATTENTION** Road Racing – National Auto Sport Association (drivenasa.com) for your competition license info and find all things need to know for this event.
- Please print/complete HPDE Tech Form below and bring it with you to the track. Inspect all items on sheet and have prepared for track inspector.
- Having your car track ready is your responsibility.
- More information and all rules are available online at: DriveNASA.com
- HPDE 1 – This is where you need to be if you are new driver. Our Driving/Racing School includes (4) 20 minute sessions each day alternating between track and classroom. All HPDE 1 students will be automatically assigned an instructor for the weekend. Please print HPDE tech form below and bring it with you to the track.
- HPDE 2 – For drivers that have been signed off to drive on their own, but just want more time with the novice group. Groups 1 and 2 run together. The only difference is that Group 2 has no instructor assignment.
- HPDE 3 – Groups 3 and 4 also run together, typically arranged by fastest vehicle. Saturday will work up to additional passing by the end of the day. Sunday will be a continuation, starting with limited passing in the first session and then adding more passing zones and picking up the pace as the group leader feels appropriate.
- HPDE 4 – Open passing, still monitored by group leader.
- Time Trials (TT) – TT license is required to register. All TT participants must have a transponder and display proper NASA decals.
- Race Groups – Number and composition of race groups determined based on entries. All racing rules apply.
- Competition School – Comp School utilized based on interest. Designed for students who are ready to enter the realm of wheel to wheel racing. Not available at all events. Contact, Donna at: email@example.com.
**Be aware that groups will sell out. Please register early for our HPDE events as they are extremely popular.
- Not yet an instructor and want to be? Instructed with other groups but not NASA? Please contact our Chief Instructor, Terry Bouge at, firstname.lastname@example.org, to discuss becoming a certified NASA instructor.
- Transponder Rentals available in registration.
- Please remember to return your transponder before you leave the track. A charge of $400 will be issued to your card on file if the transponder is destroyed, never returned, or lost. Weak signal is a common problem with poor placement and can result in sporadic timing results. Please ensure a clear signal to the track when choosing a mounting location.
- Annual Tech/New logbook
- Inspections can be done at the track. We provide tech hours to accommodate this required inspection. Here is a list of approved tech shops if you’d like to have your inspection done prior to event. Click for a list of approved shops.
We Drive Harder